Monday, November 16, 2009

Ciao!

Buona Sera a Tutti!

My name on this site is really two-fold; I chose an italian name because I wanted people to know that I am able to offer my assistance with difficult to find translations of art song, aria, or just poetry.

First off, I want to thank TRT for inviting me to participate in this blog. I have had the pleasure of singing with and performing with him during the past 2 summers and am honored to be a part of this venture.

I am a student at a conservatory that has been called "a diamond in the rough" by Opera News, in the piedmont of North Carolina. I, unlike The Glowing Tenor (hehe..), am a true leggiero tenor, or as my name says, un tenore di grazia.

I am working with a notable teacher (who will henceforth be known as La Dottoressa), and like us all, am working out vocal kinks and trying to balance my love of opera and classical singing, with the performance and acting based musical theatre. I have done tons of musical theatre, film, TV, oratorio and most recently opera. I think that it has the potential to be the worlds hybrid artform, with all the best singing, acting, and dancing, all in one performance. I hope that I can be a part of the movement that tries to bring realism to the operatic stage, merging the vocal virtuosity of opera, with the dramatic intensity of musical theatre for an unstoppable art form.

All of that to say that I love musical theatre, and I love opera, and would be more than happy to discuss Larson's "Rent," and Puccini's "La Boheme" in the same conversation and be familiar and emotionally connected to both. I look forward to meeting everyone and discussing technique analogies and metaphors, audition experiences, and everything else involved with the insanity that is being a student/pre-professional/professional in the classical vocal field.

This is going to be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment