Monday, November 16, 2009

Questa Voce Rules:

Greetings, fellow singers! Consider this the introductory post for this blog- a blog aimed at giving professionals and students in the field a place to share experiences, tips and stories about the profession we love so much.

Without further ado, here are the general rules of this site:

 

  1. The Place: Questa Voce is a blog where members may discuss any aspect of their careers as singers in the classical and operatic fields. This includes (but is not limited to) technique, repertoire, auditions, young artist programs, experiences, make-up, staging, ensembles and acting.  Members may discuss any subject they wish related to the field.
  2. The People:  Some people like identifying themselves by name, where they are from, etcetera. Think twice before posting private information that would otherwise not be available to concertgoers or the audience (such as your phone number, street, etc.) 
  3. The Decorum: Remember that everything you do in public sites on the internet will contribute towards your reputation in your field of work, as anyone can access them.
  4. The Topics: Consider that every post published on Questa Voce expresses the views of each author. That being said, please refrain from personal attacks. If there is an idea with which you disagree, you may make your disagreement known within a civilized context. When discussing contradictory ideas, please do so in an intellectual manner and not in an not emotionally, refraining from insults and jabs. If you wish to engage in a personal feud, you can do so within the safe confines of your Facebooks friend lists (a handy hint to remember: if you fight on Facebook, make sure it happens in your personal account and not on any professional accounts you may have created for yourself).  Never post negative threads or articles about other forum members. If any Trolls are present in a thread, you can either ban them or request for them to be banned.
  5. The Guides: While we may talk about our teachers and their techniques, make sure you have their permission before you mention them by name.  This is just a rule of thumb out of respect your teachers’ privacy and basic courtesy. Until you know whether it is alright to post their names, you could use a nom de plume (or I guess here it’d be a nom de chant?).

 

A brief introduction: I am The Radioactive Tenor (I won’t disclose my name until I know it’s alright to write about my voice teacher here by name, and yes, I do glow in the dark)  and I study with Mme. Iris (my nom de chant for my teacher). I have only been studying with her for a brief four months, but they have been the most vocally productive four months of my life.

Prior to this I was considered to be one a tenore leggiero, also known as tenore di grazia, but now I have come into my true voice, that of a lyric tenor. I am currently discovering many new and interesting things about my voice and my body’s relationship to it, and now I am able to do things I never could before. All in all, it’s very exciting and I look forward to writing about my experiences.

Now, how about we hear from our other writers?

No comments:

Post a Comment